Catalina Estrada from Medellín, Colombia. Living in Barcelona, Spain.
Surface pattern designs for (get ready!): wallpaper, bedding, towels, cushions, travel bags and suitcases, school accessories, stationery, greeting cards, calendars, puzzles, covers and skins for gadgets, umbrellas, scarves and even helmets!
Not only all that, but she has also been involved in partnerships with amazing brands such as Levi’s, Camper, Paul Smith, Coca Cola, Smart, Microsoft, Brazilian fashion brand Anunciaçao, USA’s Target stores, My Little Pony and Paulo Coelho.
AND you can find her busy with all sorts of institutional projects, including Transport for London, India’s Ministry of Tourism, Barcelona’s City Council, Rural NGO Laboratorio del Espíritu (Library and Community Center) and Penfield Children’s Center. (PHEW!)
- The colours, the colours, the COLOURS! Nobody does colours quite like Cata… Combinations made in heaven! She proves that any colour is valid, it’s not about what colours go with each other, it’s about how.
- I adore all her subjects and characters. They drag you into magical worlds.
- She is the only person that makes me like gradients.
- The way she does symmetry. I like symmetry… In fact, I need symmetry.
- The amazing details. Dreams are made of those!