UPDATE: This particular sale has finished but CreativeLive is constantly having awesome sales so keep your eyes peeled!
Just a quick one today to let you know that Bonnie Christine’s CreativeLive class, Design Surface Patterns From Scratch, is on sale until Sunday (50% off)!
In fact, all Adobe software related classes are half price at the moment, so if you need to sharpen your Photoshop or Illustrator skills, this is your chance… Just use code: ADOBE at the checkout to get your discount.
Please note: As a CreativeLive affiliate, I’ll get a small referral bonus if you sign up to any of the classes through Pitter Pattern (at no extra cost to you, but it does help run the blog!). But let me tell you that even if I didn’t get a penny I would still recommend these gems. I’ve taken these classes, I loved them and that’s why I support them.
For those of you not familiar with CreativeLive, they offer free live online workshops taught by world-class experts. If you don’t catch the workshops live, you still have the option to buy them afterwards (and they have free rebroadcasts as well!).
Bonnie Christine is a surface pattern designer and author of Going Home to Roost – the blog dedicated to everything handmade and anything homegrown. She loves to cook and garden and is mother hen of the Roost Tribe, an inspirational community for creatives. – CreativeLive
This class has more than 19K students with 100% good reviews. I watched it a while back and I loved it… Bonnie is a great teacher and explains everything in a way that’s easy to understand and enjoyable.
This course will take you through the process of working with Adobe Illustrator to create digital versions of your artwork. You’ll learn tips and tricks for working in Illustrator and how you can use the software to create repeating patterns of your very own drawings. Bonnie will guide you step-by-step through the process of transforming sketches and tracings into vector art which can be used for an endless array of printable and online projects from customized stationery to computer wallpaper. You’ll also learn how to assemble your collection of designs into a portfolio you can use to impress potential collectors and buyers. – CreativeLive
Here are the Design Surface Patterns From Scratch’s lessons for your perusal:
- The World of Surface Pattern Design
- Living Your Creative Dream
- Introduction to Illustrator
- Basic Tools: Pen, Text, & Blob
- Color & Function Tools
- More Tools: Rotate, Duplicate, & Replicate
- Custom Color Palettes
- Essential Tools for Pattern Making
- Tools for Sketching Inspiration
- Inspire & Nourish Your Creativity
- Creating Objects from Scanned Sketches
- Tracing & Coloring Sketches
- Tracing & Coloring with the Pen Tool
- Working from a Photograph w/ Live Trace
- Hand Tracing Over Photographs
- Building Pattern Tiles in Illustrator
- Adding Textures to Illustrations
- An Unrefined Look in Illustrator
- Typography & Students Homework
- Legality of Design w/ Annie Tunheim
- Trademark & Licensing w/ Annie Tunheim
- How to Design Repeating Patterns
- Complex Cluster Patterns – Part 1
- Complex Cluster Patterns – Part 2
- Getting Noticed: Portfolios & Trade Shows
- How to Drape on Pattern Mock Ups
- Fun Stuff: Desktop Backgrounds
- Fun Stuff: Gift Cards & Tags
- Fun Stuff: Clip Art & Shipping Labels
- Spoonflower: Stephen Fraser
- Uploading Patterns for Web Printing
That’s all for now folks… I hope you enjoy the Design Surface Patterns From Scratch class if you decide to go for it, and that it takes your pattern making skills to new dizzying heights!
Remember, the 50% off code is only valid until Sunday 24th June 2018 (11:59 pm PST), and don’t forget to use the code: ADOBE at the checkout to apply the discount!
If you’re interested in learning more about surface pattern design you can check out these 2 other blog posts: 10 best Skillshare classes for budding pattern designers & 10 Skillshare pattern classes for surface designers – Vol. 2, they’re really full of awesomeness!