I’ve got something exciting to help you get through the January dullness and forget about the sad fact that Christmas is over. I hope you had a lovely one, by the way, with loads of lovely food, presents, movies, and more importantly, your loved ones by your side!
Artist and surface pattern designer Juliet Meeks is running a free event next week: ‘Get Ready to License Challenge: 5 Steps to Prep Your Art and Biz for Licensing’.
Juliet is known for her beautiful and very colourful watercolour prints. She has her own range of products, including prints, original paintings and accessories. She’s also been licensing her prints and patterns to companies to use on products like fabric, home decor, packaging, and stationery. Clients include Anthropologie, Birchbox, Cloud9Fabrics and ban.do among many others.
The ‘Get Ready to License Challenge’ starts on Wednesday, January 5th, 2022. The goal for this five-day mini-course is to get you ready and excited about all the possibilities of licensing your art. And if you don’t know what licensing is, or if it’s right for you and your business, then this is definitely the challenge to join!
The topics covered are:
- Art Licensing 101 – Let’s go over the basics!
- The Tools + Tech You’ll Need – So you’re feeling prepped!
- Assessing Your Portfolio – What’s working, what’s missing
- Overview of Industry Niches – Where do you start?
- Overcoming Mindset Blocks – So important!
By joining the ‘Get Ready to License Challenge’ you’ll get:
- 5 actionable video lessons (one every day for five days)
- Worksheets for each lesson
- Access to the challenge Facebook group to meet other students and share your progress
- Access to live calls/Q&As with Juliet each day of the challenge
- Ask your questions live + learn about how you can join Juliet inside her larger course, Licensing for Artists (Opening January 11th)!
This is an awesome opportunity for all designers, artists and illustrators that have thought, at any point in their careers, about the possibility of licensing their art/designs but haven’t got round to it because it feels too scary, too complicated or just too overwhelming.
Register now for this free challenge and let 2022 be the year that you’ve got that licensing ball rolling!