Issue 9 of Moyo magazine is out now!
Moyo is the world’s first magazine dedicated to surface pattern design, brought to you by the founders of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design and Make it in Design, Beth Nicholls and Rachael Taylor (Moyo is Japanese for ‘pattern’ and is pronounced mo-yor). Best of all, it’s completely free. Read on…
Packed with interviews, design briefs, colour challenges, art reviews, student showcases, design tips, inspiration, trends and more, this free resource is published quarterly. – Make It In Design
Inside this 114-page ‘Handmade and Bespoke’ issue you can find:
- Interview with the queen of hand printing, Lotta Jansdotter
- A bespoke home design collaboration with Jess & Jules
- Spotlight on five makers working with ink, paper, wool, collage and fabric
- Five minutes with Christine Schmidt of Yellow Owl Workshop
- Meet textile designer Zeena Shah
- Mystical indigo: colour stories with Louise Gale
- Hot Spring/Summer 2017 trends from Patternbank
- Design tips for handmade greeting cards
- Printing with nature with Laura Bethmann
- Make it in Design’s week in New York and a year in review
PLUS: Industry show reviews, surface pattern success stories, a Q&A with ACID, DIY projects, a book giveaway, the MOYO design brief and lots more.
You can read it right here or download it to keep!
To browse other issues of Moyo magazine please click here: