Spoonflower’s free annual Surface Design Symposium is happening this week on Friday the 4th of November, and if you’re into surface pattern design, you won’t want to miss it!
No matter if you’re starting out or know your way around the topic, I think there’ll be something for everyone and a good chance that we can all learn a thing or two. The topics included are all-time favourites and are gonna be delivered by a lineup of amazingly talented artists and designers.
The Surface Design Symposium is a free whole-day event running from 11:00 am until 7:30 pm (EDT). It’s divided into six sessions, including three artists’ panels, two design classes and a keynote speaker at the end of the day.
Surface Design Symposium topics
- Artist Panel: How to Create a Surface Design Portfolio that Showcases Your Work
- Artist Panel: How to Stay Motivated, Create a Workflow and Manage Your Time as an Artist
- Design Class: How to Elevate Your Designs for Wallpaper and Home Decor
- Design Class: How to Create a Seamless Repeat in Gimp
- Artist Panel: How to Make Video Part of Your Marketing Strategy
- Keynote Speaker: Sareka Unique
And what about the panellists?
Here are the 14 fabulous creatives teaching at the event:
- Lilla Rogers – Illustrator and art agent, founder of Lilla Rogers Studio.
- Shannon McNab – Surface pattern designer and teacher at Sketch Design Repeat.
- Elizabeth Silver – Surface pattern designer and teacher with 20 years in the industry.
- Danielle Krysa – Artist, graphic designer and author, founder of The Jealous Curator.
- Jeanetta Gonzales – Designer, illustrator and artist’s coach.
- Kate Rhees – Professional accountant and prolific surface pattern designer.
- Terrance Williams – Small business owner, self-taught sewer, and content creator.
- Mindy Young – Artist and surface pattern designer, founder of Indy Bloom Design.
- Kathy Cano-Murillo – Artist, designer, author, speaker, and founder of The Crafty Chica.
- Mable Tan – Surface pattern designer with an impressive list of licensing deals.
- Kate Talcott – Watercolour artist, educator and owner of stationery shop Splatter & Bloom.
- Danika Herrick – Artist, interior designer and surface pattern designer.
- Gaia Marfurt – Illustrator and surface pattern designer.
- Sareka Unique – Artist, illustrator, designer, and lover of all things colour.
What an amazing lineup! I can’t wait to hear what these incredible creatives will be teaching on the day and I hope you’re looking forward to it too.
Please visit Spoonflower’s Surface Design Symposium event page to find all the details about each of the sessions and all the speakers. You need to register for each of the sessions you want to attend, but remember it’s completely free, so what’s not to like?
See you there!