I finally opened my Society6 shop!
You can now buy some very lovely products featuring some of my surface designs. And I think, if I may say so, that they look fantastic!
You can find: Art Prints, Framed Art Prints, Canvas Prints, Stationery Cards, iPhone & iPod Cases, iPad Cases, iPhone & iPod Skins, Laptop & iPad Skins, All Over Print Shirts, T-shirts, V-neck T-shirts, Long Sleeve T-shirts, Tank Tops, Biker Tanks, Hoodies, Leggings, Throw Pillows, Tote Bags, Wall Clocks, Mugs, Shower Curtains, Rugs, Duvet Covers, Wall Tapestries, Laptop Sleeves & Travel Mugs.
For those of you not familiar with Society6, read on…
Society6 is an online platform for artists/designers/illustrators from around the world to sell their artwork as a variety of products.
Selling your artwork on Society6 is very straightforward and I have found it a very pleasurable experience. You just:
• Upload your artwork (don’t forget to check the recommended dimensions for each product for best quality and be sure to check their blog for technical advice/info).
• Set your retail price/profit for each art print size.
• Choose up to 4 categories that best describe your artwork.
• At this point, or even later as a matter of fact, you can choose to add other products to your art print (the mockups are made automatically for you, it’s very satisfying!). For these you don’t need to set pricing and profits, you will be paid the published profits on the sale of each of these products.
• Start promoting your shop like a maniac! You can connect your Facebook and Twitter accounts to Society6 so every time you upload new work, the word will get spread.
• Only products that get promoted more than 10 times by other Society6 members get a place in the Society6 shop (so if you’re a fellow S6 member, be nice and help promote the art you love!). These items are still available for sale but only by giving the direct link to the buyer, not as an organic find…
• If one of your products is sold, they will then produce it and ship it (worldwide) to the buyer on your behalf. Easy!
This way of selling your designs has great advantages:
• You can focus on creating while they take care of the other side of things.
• You control the rights to your work.
• You avoid taking financial risks by spending money on keeping a stock of products.
Having said that, I’m still working on having my own range of products which will be sold on my own little e-shop!
So come and visit me at Society6 and get those pesky Christmas presents out of the way…
Do you have a shop on Society6? Please share it with me in the comments. I’d love to see your work!