UPDATE: I’m afraid this surface pattern design class is not available anymore but Majo has released a new class which promises to be a perfected version of this one; so go and check it out: Reign Repeats: Learning Adobe Illustrator Basics to Create a Faux-Pattern.
Another surface pattern design class coming our way! Aren’t we lucky?
This time is ‘Reign Repeats: create perfect repeat patterns in Adobe Illustrator’ and it’s gonna be taught at Skillshare by my lovely friend Majo Bautista V. She’s a Colombian fashion, textile & surface pattern designer living in Milan. She’s been using Adobe design programs for almost 15 years, so she definitely knows her way around them!
Surface pattern designers, graphic designers, illustrators, artists, crafters and anyone else who is interested in pattern design using Adobe Illustrator is welcome.
You’ll need basic drawing tools, digital camera (or mobile phone with a camera), computer with Adobe Illustrator installed (you can get a free 30-day trial available from Adobe) and a Wacom tablet (optional).
On ‘Reign Repeats: create perfect repeat patterns in Adobe Illustrator’ you’ll learn:
- How to use the basic Illustrator tools to bring to life your ideas
- To create a repeat, both old-school and using Illustrator CS6 new Pattern Tool
- How to get your hand-drawn sketches vectorised (even if you don’t own a scanner)
- Also how to apply colour and then easily recolour your design to create new colourways
- The different types of repeats and how to make them
- How to prepare perfect files for you to get the best results on Spoonflower. (To learn more about Spoonflower read this post).
If you’re not a Skillshare member you can get a 2-months FREE trial by clicking on the button below, and then use it to do this class and any others you manage to fit in that time (woohoo!).