I’ve got some exciting news today. Spoonflower’s free annual Surface Design Symposium is just around the corner, and if you’re a surface design lover (and I guess you are since you’re here!), this is an event you won’t want to miss!
Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been around the block, there’s something here for everyone. They’ve got a bunch of awesome topics lined up, and some seriously talented artists and designers are gonna be sharing their wisdom.
Why do you need to be there?
- Immerse yourself in creativity: get ready to soak up fresh design ideas and techniques. The symposium is a lovely opportunity to dive into the wonderful surface design world!
- Learn from the best: amazing experts and designers will be sharing their insights, tips, and tricks. You’ll have the chance to learn from some of the industry’s best.
- Connect: get to meet new like-minded people. You might make new friendships that could make your creative journey even more enjoyable.
- Discover the latest trends: bring your work to new levels by finding out what’s hot and what’s not in the world of patterns and prints.
What are they going to talk about?
The Surface Design Symposium is divided into two days with three sessions each.
- Design Workshop: Photoshop Shortcuts
- Design Workshop: Procreate as a Digital Sketchbook
- Keynote Speaker: Mable Tan
- The Latest Trends in Surface Design and How to Spot Trends in Your Own Research
- Exploring AI: What Artists and Designers Need to Know
- Grow Your Surface Design Business in Collaboration with Interior Designers
Who are the wonderful panellists?
Here are the 12 fabulous creatives teaching at the event:
- Mable Tan – Surface pattern designer with an impressive list of licensing deals.
- Sarah Watts – Surface designer, illustrator and educator.
- Natalie Brown – Handlettering artist and designer.
- Jeanetta Gonzales – Designer, illustrator and artist mentor.
- Jackie Tahara – Surface pattern designer.
- Elizabeth Silver – Surface pattern designer and educator.
- Renee Froerer – Creative director and designer.
- Jaime Derringer – Artist and founder of Design Milk
- Stephen Caution – AI strategist and implementer.
- Shelly Turner – Surface pattern designer and interior designer.
- Ebony Staten – Interior stylist and founder of The Vogue Room.
- Kim Armstrong – Interior designer.
What a fabulous lineup. I can’t wait to hear what these incredible creatives will be teaching on the day. I hope you are too!
When and where is the event happening?
The Surface Design Symposium is a free 2-day virtual event happening on the 5th & 6th of October, 2023. Be sure to mark your calendars and register for the sessions you’re interested in attending!
This year’s event promises to be a vibrant explosion of creativity and inspiration, so get ready to soak it all up, and have some fun. And remember, no matter your level of expertise, there’s something exciting for everyone!
And if you’re dying to get cracking, why not check out the replays from the 2022 Surface Design Symposium?
Please visit Spoonflower’s Surface Design Symposium event page to find all the details about each of the sessions and all the speakers. You need to register for each of the sessions you want to attend, but remember it’s completely free, so what’s not to like?
See you there!