UPDATE: Don’t worry if you didn’t manage to make it to the live event. All the recordings are now available for a bit of binge watching!
A quick one today because I don’t want you to miss this awesome surface design event! Spoonflower partnered with the Craft Industry Alliance to bring their first Surface Design Symposium. This event is happening online on the 5th of August, and it’s completely free to attend.
They’ve invited some very talented surface designers, industry leaders and artists for a full day dedicated to all-things surface design.
The day is divided into six sessions, all of them tackling some very relevant topics. If you are a surface designer or have been working on becoming one, you’ll know all too well that questions about these subjects come up again and again…
The sessions for this surface design event are:
- Stand Out: How to Market Yourself and Your Work
- How to Create a Half Drop Seamless Repeat in Procreate
- How to Create a Seamless Repeat in Illustrator
- Licensing 101
- Keynote Speaker: Bonnie Christine
- Trends, Color Palettes and Developing Your Personal Style
You can visit the event’s page for more info about each session.
You’ll need to sign up for each one separately. And don’t worry if you can’t make it because Spoonflower will be sharing the recordings soon after the event finishes.
The inspiring bunch you’ll be hearing from:
- Bonnie Christine – Surface pattern designer, educator, and creative entrepreneur
- Liz Kohler Brown – Artist, designer, author, and educator
- Gia Graham – Designer, illustrator, lettering artist, and educator
- Amarylis Henderson – Surface designer and educator (this blog post’s cover design is by this talented lady!)
- Misha Zadeh – Creative entrepreneur
- Jeanetta Gonzalez – Designer and illustrator
- Stacie Bloomfield – Illustrator and educator
- Annie Chen – Surface designer
- Janine Vangool – Publisher, editor and designer at Uppercase Magazine
- Lilla Rogers – Licensing agent
- Cat Coquillette – Artist, entrepreneur, and educator
- Jo Kalute – Printmaker and multi-disciplinary creative
- Di Ujdi – Illustrator, surface pattern designer, and educator
- Esther Nariyoshi – Illustrator, surface pattern designer, and educator
I think this surface design event is gonna be awesome, and that no matter how far you are into your career, it’s always amazing and very useful to hear from other designers… Because there’s always something else to learn!
Just click the button below to visit the event’s page and sign up for any or all the sessions. See you there :-)