Issue 10 of Moyo magazine is out now!
Moyo is the world’s first magazine dedicated to surface pattern design, brought to you by the founders of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design and Make it in Design, Beth Nicholls and Rachael Taylor (Moyo is Japanese for ‘pattern’ and is pronounced mo-yor). Best of all, it’s completely free. Read on…
Packed with interviews, design briefs, colour challenges, art reviews, student showcases, design tips, inspiration, trends and more, this free resource is published quarterly. – Make It In Design
Inside this 156-page ‘Independence’ issue you can find:
- Interview with award-winning homeware designer, Ella Doran
- MOYO dossier: How to be your own boss by Beth Kempton
- Rachael Taylor’s ten top tips for setting up a design label
- Fiona Humberstone shares her brilliant branding secrets
- Meet the designer to music legends, Liz Harry
- Miranda Mol on life as a surface pattern designer
- Insight into Tyler Spangler’s life as a digital artist
- Ten brilliant ways to boost your confidence as a designer with Christine Llewellyn
- Five minutes with fashion and portrait illustrator, Robyn Taylor
- Report on how to make working from home work for you
- Behind the scenes at Marimekko HQ and host a Designer Day at global printer manufacturer Roland DG
PLUS: Trade show reviews, pattern showcase, surface pattern success stories, Q&A with ACID, colour challenges, design tips, hot trends from Patternbank, the MOYO design brief and lots more!
You can read it right here or download it to keep!
To browse other issues of Moyo magazine please click here:MOYO MAGAZINES